Our sensory room enables people with sensory impairments and integration difficulties to better understand their environment and themselves, and to communicate with others.
As well as giving pleasure and enjoyment, the room can be a calming environment.
Depending on individual needs, the room can be used for relaxation, learning, give choice and control over environment, hand and eye coordination, and cognitive stimulation.
The equipment featured in the sensory room includes:
- bubble column and fibre optics
- projector with a variety of effects wheels
- vibro-acoustic body pillow with sound system
- choice of music
- aromatherapy vaporiser
- motorised recliner chair and therapy rocker
- variety of objects for touch and exploration